March 16, 2017

UPDATED: The Shack

UPDATE: We saw The Shack last night. In spite of the fact that I dozed off, which tells you something, I give it 4 of 5 stars. Yes there's plenty to be concerned about theologically, and I think MovieGuide hits the nail on the head.  But I give it 4 stars because it creatively engages the big apologetic questions most people are wrestling with and, agree or disagree with the film's responses, it gives us much to think and talk about. It would make for a great small group discussion, and I'm sure there are already study guides out there. How many films can you think of that raise so many important questions? So go see it with your friends and neighbors and pray that the Holy Spirit uses it to open many hearts and minds.

ORIGINAL: I haven't read the book or seen the movie, yet. I plan to see it and will let you know my thoughts. In the meantime, here are a few thoughts from my favorite blog, Jesus Creed:

Baffled by the Criticisms of The Shack?
The Shack: A Review

Have you read or seen it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment